Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sweet Memories

First of All Thank You to Sabina Akers for the use of these ADORABLE photos of her daughter!  
Click here to learn more about Captured by Sabina! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Captured-by-Sabina/132447670135167

Ingredients:
SBC+
My Own Paper, Masks and Vintage Overlays
Once again these are exclusive gifts given at my Simply Digital Design Classes.  I may make them available to members on my site when my Tutorials are up and runnin'! 
Joyful Word Art by Katie Pertiet
Be Mine and Lovable Digital Kits from CM
Doodles are my own 
  • First of all on this layout I began with a background of my own making!  You can do it too!  If you have ever been a Traditional Scrapbooker... let me take you back to your roots!
  • Grab a piece of cardstock (any Color - but darker is better).   Square is best and keep it around 8x8 so it will fit into your scanner!  You are going to have some fun distressing it!  
  • Chalk it up, crumple it up, tear it... just go crazy... there are no mistakes here!  I even let my six year old make a few with me!  Use water to wet the edges and roll up the sides and corners etc...
  • Now you are going to scan it in to your computer (I use Memory Manager) Super easy!  
  • Then you will bring it into SBC+ as a jpeg (photo).  Add it to a blank page.
  • Now you can use the handy dandy wand tool (and... yes I do watch Handy Manny with my son lol)!  This tool is fund in the Cut and Fill Ribbon.  Select the gray edges around your photo with the wand tool and erase them.  You CAN clean it up a little, if need be, with the soften edge filter found in the Format Ribbon, afterwords.
  • Now you can change up the colors etc... right in SBC+ Make it Sepia or B&W, change it to a much lighter color, change hues etc... all within the Color Ribbon. 
  • I then added some of my Photo Masks and "Vintage Photo Overlays" Once again these are exclusive gifts given at my Simply Digital Design Classes.  I may make them available to members on my site when my Tutorials are up and runnin'! 
  • The Hearts and Overlays used on the Photos are from the Be Mine and Lovable Digital Kits from Creative Memories.
  • The hand drawn hearts and doodles in the background can be created by hand with a "Bamboo Pen and Tablet".  Another fun technique I will share at my Classes and Tutorials!
  • Have Fun making some of your own Papers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment